[Community] listserv moderation

Elizabeth Simpson elizacorps at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 9 15:26:26 CDT 2009

Hi all,

Here are my thoughts about moderation:

Events-
I suggest this be a no-post list (I don't know what to call it) that  shows-americorps (Katie) would moderate- people would send her the events and she'd make a weekly bulletin so that it's not helter skelter.

Membership-
moderated by whoever's been handling membership- maybe that's Michelle, maybe it's Nicole?
It's a free for all- a regular listserv

IMC-
Moderated by someone who is an active spoke- maybe that's Mike, though since he's handled lots in the past, it may be good to spread the responsibility- that can be up to him?

Related note:
My thought/aim is that a lot of the 'overall imc' stuff that's been hoisted onto finance but really isn't appropriate for them to handle get shifted to the spoke/imc list. This will create more awareness and accountability across groups, relieve pressure/aspersions about finance being the 'center', etc.

Thoughts?

elizaBeth

I freed a thousand slaves. I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves.

-Harriet Tubman