[Community] Alternative Media Economies group project

Elizabeth Simpson elizacorps at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 9 14:40:52 CDT 2010

Hi Ann-

You have connected Community Connections, which means that we'd help you find your people.

Can you say more about what you'd like to talk to people about so we can find you a good match?

I'm thinking that:
Carly Nix (Production)
Brian Dolinar (Print)
Brian Duggan (Tech)
and
Chris Ritzo (Radical Librarians)

might be good to talk with.

Please bear in mind that everyone here is a volunteer, so things are more 'homegrown' than in a formal business- that means sometimes there's more of a turnaround time. What is your timeline?

Thanks,
elizaBeth
community connections

Hello,

My name is Ann Tracey and I am sophomore at U of I
majoring in Media Studies.  I have a group project in one of my classes
right now where we have been assigned to select an Alternative Media Economy (AME) and interview four individuals within the chosen AME.  The
interview centers on the development and changes within the selected AME over time, how it relates to transformations associated with the Information
Economy, and how its participants have experienced such changes
within the network.

We are so lucky here in Champaign to have
an Independent Media
Center at our resource and my group selected the IMC for our
project.  I called the IMC and was given your email address as a contact for possible interviewees.  We have four group members and need four
people to interview. If you could fit it into your schedule we would
greatly appreciate it.  It would most likely take 30-45 minutes tops and we could send you the interview questions ahead of time.

Thank you for your time and I
look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Sincerely,
  Ann Tracey

believed to be clean.