[Cprb] Membership

J. Wason jwason at prairienet.org
Mon Nov 10 03:47:33 CST 2003

At 06:52 PM 11/09/03 -0500, Santosh J. Chandy wrote:

>I am extremely interested in becoming part of your organization.  Is it
possible >to forward me a copy of your meeting times/organizational plans?

>Thank you.

Santosh, it's nice to hear from you.  We're a very informal coalition of
community members at this point, and there's no "official" membership
because there's nothing particularly official about our organization.  The
coalition is to some extent an outreach or project of the Prairie Green
party, but there are a number of other individuals and groups involved to
varying degrees.  All you have to do to be a part of it is to show up to
meetings and participate to whatever degree you're able.  Grab some of our
brochures and talk about Citizen Police Review Boards with whomever you
come in contact.  Get people and organizations to sign our
petitions/resolutions.  Etc.

I see you've already signed up for the cprb mailing list.  That means
you'll be a part of our ongoing discussion about meetings, strategy, etc.
We're trying to set up a regular monthly meeting time even as I write;
Jennifer Walling is more or less spearheading that.

We do have a number of documents - a Citizen Police Review Board proposal,
a model ordinance, a sample complaint form, petitions or resolutions for
individuals and groups/organizations to sign, a list of web sites that
contain pertinent information about CPRB's, and the aforementioned
brochure.  If there's anything in particular you'd like to take a look at,
please let me know, and I'll send it to you as a file attachment.

Thanks again for expressing an interest in our small but burgeoning coalition.

Sincerely,

John Wason