[CUWiN-Dev] TCP Dynamic Right Sizing

Dan Flett conhoolio at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 25 18:14:32 CDT 2005

Here's something I saw on another wireless mailing list a while ago, I'm
thinking it might be of interest to the developers of CUWiN.

http://www.hep.ucl.ac.uk/~ytl/tcpip/background/drs.html

>From the above page:
"Dynamic Right-Sizing provides automatic tuning of TCP flow control windows
to support high bandwidth over high-latency (WAN) links. It improves TCP
throughput by orders of magnitude over high delay-bandwidth links. It also
keeps windows small for low-bandwidth and low-latency connections so they
don't consume unnecessary amounts of memory."

Cheers,

Dan