[CUWiN-Dev] TCP Dynamic Right Sizing

David Young dyoung at pobox.com
Mon Apr 25 23:52:49 CDT 2005

On Tue, Apr 26, 2005 at 09:14:32AM +1000, Dan Flett wrote:
> Here's something I saw on another wireless mailing list a while ago, I'm
> thinking it might be of interest to the developers of CUWiN.

Yes, this sort of thing is interesting.  You might also take a look at
Vikas Kawadia's Ph.D. thesis, which has a section on TCP over wireless
networks.  These days Kentaro A. Kurahone is working on TCP in NetBSD,
adding things like SACK.

I have been thinking that on CUWiN nodes, TCP streams should be
intercepted at the ethernet and translated into a stream that has the
right window size and such for the wireless leg.

BTW, NetBSD TCP has set an Internet2 "Land Speed Record,"
<http://bsd.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=04/05/03/2235255&tid=95>, twice.
This was not using wireless, of course. :-)

Dave