[CUWiN-Dev] Cofigs for CUWiN deployments in Ghana:

Sascha Meinrath sascha at ucimc.org
Tue Oct 4 09:37:32 CDT 2005

Hi all,

Great news, John Atkinson <john.atkinson at gmail.com> is deploying CUWiN-based
technology in a couple locations in Ghana.  He's fairly tech-savvy and just
needs a bit of support from our -dev team -- in particular, he's having trouble
creating configured .iso images for two locations in Ghana.  Could someone spend
a few minutes creating the .isos to these specs & let him know where he can
download them?

# cuw_config set for CBLIT's Akwapim Network: main Internet-connected node$
cuw_config_channel='7'
cuw_config_dhcpselect_mode='client'
cuw_config_hostname='acrc'
cuw_config_latitude='0'
cuw_config_longitude='0'
cuw_config_nameservers='192.168.70.10 192.168.230.70'
cuw_config_ssid='blitc.net'

# cuw_config set for CBLIT's Akwapim Network: subscriber/infrastructure node$
cuw_config_channel='7'
cuw_config_dhcpselect_mode='server'
cuw_config_hostname='acrc'
cuw_config_latitude='0'
cuw_config_longitude='0'
cuw_config_nameservers='192.168.70.10 192.168.230.70'
cuw_config_ssid='blitc.net'

Let me & John know if there's any questions.  Also, are there easy-to-follow
step-by-step instructions for creating your own .iso anywhere that I can refer
people to?  If so, let me know (because I'm a bit confused by the
"cuw_config_dhcpselect_mode" item and want to learn more about how configuration
works).  Finally, are there any plans to reduce the kernel size so that we can
have a bootstrap floppy image again?  Or is this no longer doable?

Thanks for your help,

--Sascha