[CUWiN-Dev] Re: [Cu-wireless-response] NOMESH SSID and Stockholm

Sascha Meinrath sascha at ucimc.org
Mon Oct 17 09:59:38 CDT 2005

Hi William,

William Waites wrote:
> Just wondering. I'm looking at the node list on the Wiki, and there are a
> bunch of cut-and-pasted outputs from ifconfig(1). On the ath0 interfaces,
> some of them have an SSID of cuwireless.net, and some have nomesh.net. Now
> these interfaces are running in Ad-hoc mode, so the SSID doesn't really
> matter operationally, but maybe it would be nice to have it consistent...
>
> Is there any possibility of remote management of these routers at this point?
> I'd be happy to ssh in and fix trivial stuff like this...

I've cc-ed the CUWiN Development e-mail list since folks on there will know if
the SSIDs will cause problems -- my understanding is that you'll want to
standardize on _one_ SSID otherwise you'll end up with 2 separate networks;
could someone send along a definitive answer on that?  Meanwhile, if there are
specific questions that need answering, definitely drop a line to the -dev list
-- it might be good for a couple of folks who are working on the deployment to
get on that list since you can get answers pretty quickly to most questions.

> Also, I just received an note calling for submissions at
>
> http://www.stockholmchallenge.se
>
> It occurred to me that it might be a good idea to enter the NOMESH. Good idea?
> Objections?

I think that's a great idea.  If you have the time, go for it!

--Sascha

--
Sascha Meinrath
Policy Analyst    *  Project Coordinator  *  President