[CUWiN-Dev] CUWiN network map based on map.seattlewireless software

Sascha Meinrath sascha at ucimc.org
Wed Feb 22 15:13:45 CST 2006

Chase Phillips wrote:
> Someone pointed me at SeattleWireless's neat map software a month ago.  I
> wanted to stand a copy of it up for CUWiN so I got in touch with the
> author and he agreed to release the source code for it under GPL.
>
> I've ported the software (fixing some bugs in the process) and filled it
> in with our active node data.  My beta map installation can be seen at:
>
>   http://shepard.ameth.org/cuwin-map/
>
> I have a list of known issues (buggy in IE, top graphic is clipped, &c)
> that I'd like to get fixed soon.  If you see something that looks askew,
> let me know -- it might need to be added to my list.
>
> Regards,
> Chase

Brilliant!!!  We should add _all_ the potential node hosting locations from the
wiki.  Also, how difficult would it be to have multiple different colors for
node (e.g., one for each of the main clouds, another for unaffiliated nodes, one
for broken nodes, etc.)?

But this is quite awesome!

--Sascha

--
Sascha Meinrath
Policy Analyst    *  Project Coordinator  *  President