[CUWiN-Dev] dhcpd not running in 0.6.0+

T dontac at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 14:49:30 CST 2006

On Tue, Feb 28, 2006 at 09:18:19PM -0600, tom wrote:
> Examining a node which I installed a version of 0.6.0+ on today (given to
> me by Dave, built the 26th) I noticed problems with dhcpd and/or
> dhcpselect. The node isn't giving out dhcp leases. Assigning myself a
> static IP address and ssh'ing into the node I found that dhcpd was not
> running, nor was dhcpselect. dhcpclient was, however. I rebooted and
> attached the node to a network with a dhcp server on it, and it
> successfully received an IP address but isn't properly routing traffic (it
> sets the proper default route, but sends no tcp traffic at all through it
> and /etc/resolv.conf is empty). Trouble's afoot.

I had some spooky issues with dhcpd as well. When I first set up my node, it
would start ok but after a period of time dhcpd either stopped giving out
leases or stopped running completely (probably both). Since it worked fine
after a fresh reboot, for me the solution was to just reboot my node. Having
worked with Windows a lot, I'm used to doing this without a second thought,
so I never did too much investigating. The spooky part about it is that
after a few days the issue gradually went away, and now my node keeps giving
out leases like its supposed to.

~Tom #3 (I'm claiming this number until I can think of a new uber cuwin
hacker name like zerocool...#3.....)