[CUWiN-Dev] Re: CUWIN on Meraki Mini

Matthew Isaacs matt at cuwin.net
Thu Feb 7 20:42:40 CST 2008

On Thu, 2008-02-07 at 19:30 -0500, Bob Keyes wrote:

> On Thu, 7 Feb 2008, Bao Q. Nguyen wrote:
>
> > Bob,
> >
> > So if David can get CUWIN to compile for the Meraki Mini, which is the same
> > MIPS processor that's on the WGT63U (Atheros 2515?) is running so then
> > porting CUWIN to the WGT63U should be much simpler.

If the devices are running the same processor, the task is somewhat
easier.  All that would remain is adding support for any onboard
peripherals.  Unfortunately this isn't always as straightforward as we
would like, due to lack of documentation from manufacturers.  If the the
processor is the same, a good place to start is by netbooting a kernel
designed for the Meraki.  This should help you ID the board's devices.
If you're lucky, the kernel will already have support for the critical
components.  The most likely components to NOT have support:  USB
controllers, flash controllers, timers/clocks, onboard VLAN/Switch
chips.

Hope that helps.