[Imc-girls] RAGG meeting minutes, 4/27/04

Shawn D. Williams sdwillms at uiuc.edu
Fri Apr 30 12:10:24 CDT 2004

RAGG meeting minutes - April 27, 2004

I. Benefit Show/ Party
-Both events will take place at the OJC Technologies office. The party will be out on the parking deck. In the event of rain, we will move inside and just deal with the folks downstairs.
-Anne will apply for the special use permit
-We will have a sliding scale of $5-$15 and make a donation bucket available
-Shawn has contacted Jennifer Phlipp, female DJ from The Barfly, and she will check her schedule for availability. She is very excited to have been sought out.

II. Website
-Anne and Michelle will transfer RAGG information to Webeasel and plan a webraising for others to assist
-This will take place next Tuesday, May 4, 2004 from 6:30-8:30 (during regularly scheduled RAGG meeting)
-Folks are being asked to bring their laptops

III. Press Release
-Shawn will draft a PSA, which will include the mission statement and pull from the draft that Anne composed. Shawn will also lend her voice to the radio PSA
-Danielle will serve as the engineer for the radio spot

IV. Stamp Idea
-Michelle will create the stamps to be placed on t-shirts, on clothes, rags (to be pinned), sweaters, flyers, etc. We could get items from the Salvation Army. Molly will check into this. We will make next Tuesdays meeting a working day for the stamps
-A silkscreen machine is available from Mika Covington. Zoe S. will contact her for permission to use it.

V. Workshops
-We need trainers. And materials for quilting (yarn, thread, fabric scraps from fabric stores, needles, etc.) Shawn will contact Lisa Thomas Vernon to do African dance workshop.
-Window painting: We need to get temporary paint for front window; we need approval to put RAGG logo on front window. Shawn will present this at the steering committee next Thursday.
-Consider the Crate Alley for beertasting or Corkscrew for winetasting

VI. Registration
-consider selling food
-Shawn will create registration form that will be available on the website. Form will include name, address, email, age
-Use sliding scale for admission cost ($3-$5 for grlz & $5-$10 for womyn)
-Use stamps/nametags to mark attendees
VII. Fundraising
-sell food at the show; drinks at the party
-sell food at the workshops; sell buttons, t-shirts, etc. with the RAGG logo (stamps)

VIII. Miscellaneous
-We need a name for this event!!!! Please share any ideas
-Barring space, no one will be turned away for inability to pay
-contact Women Studies, Girl Scouts, Don Moyer Boys' & Girls' Club
-get flyers & handbills to Shawn for copying; Michelle will do the design and get approval by next Tuesday
-Work day for all these assignments is scheduled for Tuesday, May 4 from 6:30-8:30PM