[RAGG] hello health

Elizabeth Cimsohn elizacorps at yahoo.com
Fri May 14 20:36:42 CDT 2004

Hey gals-

reagrding the whole tampon issue, I certainly can't
say for sure whether there are any toxic yuckies in
tampax, however the caution against using non-organic
tampons has been out for years and years. One email
hoax will not restore my faith in corporations who for
years have pitted women against their bodies.

Personally I have avoided all this mess by using
re-useable cotton pads, which I at first bought and
now make myself. A lot of other women I know tout the
keeper (a natural rubber cup that you insert and empty
a couple times a day) as the way to go. I am very
lazy, so believe me when I say that these are not more
complicated than disposeables. Also, both of these
methods are CHEAP and often have the side effects of
reducing cramps and making periods easier in general.
Proven statistics? I can't tell you why it works, but
I know that after I stopped using disposeable pads I
felt a LOT better, both physically and mentally. And
did we mention the reduction in waste? If you want any
info on either of these great alternatives, let me
know. Maybe we could have a pad making party together.

Beth