[Imc-outreach] Outreach Meeting Notes 7/7/04

faith swords faith at ucimc.org
Wed Jul 7 22:01:18 CDT 2004

while i think it's really good to encourage people to do their own
fundraising, i think that suggesting garage sales or bake sales is NOT the
way to go. it usually doesn't bring in very much money and takes a lot of
time and energy.

however, several people (specifically wendy edwards who works with the
wireless project and carol mckusick) have expressed interest in bake sales
and garage sale-type projects, so maybe we could follow up with that.

it seems to me that *our* energies will be much more useful doing more
co-ordination-y type things than putting on bake sales.

but that's just me. personally, i dislike selling things to people unless
they REALLY need them, and no one REALLY needs cookies all that badly :).

jane, if you want to do a phone campaign, i can get you phone numbers, or
you can just sit here in front of quickbooks and get the numbers yourself
(or print them out), whichever you prefer. as for a mailing, i think
finance could probably allocate SOME money to do that, but not the $80 or
so it will cost to do an entire mailing. or maybe they will. we can ask
:).

alright, i'm REALLY going home now to a) have dinner and b) go to sleep.

good night all,

--faith