[Imc-outreach] Begining of an orientation Agenda

faith swords faith at ucimc.org
Mon Jun 28 16:03:31 CDT 2004

so this all looks really good, ellen. thanks for putting this together.

one thing i would like to have clarified (since i haven't been at meetings
recently) is what kind of orientation this is. is this for staffers or
just new members or both or neither?

i was/am planning to come to this orientation, both to help out with
putting it on, but also to learn. i've been ostensibly staffing the space
several times, but i've never been oriented to it, and i don't know
anything about the register, checking out books/equipment, etc. i can tell
people all about the IMC and its history and structure and working groups,
but i don't know the practical "clerk" type stuff.

if there's a serparate staffing orientation too, ignore all of the above,
but if this is going to be the one (and there needs to be one soon, with
the various new staffers), i feel that procedural stuff needs to be
covered too.

also, about the wednesday meeting: i don't remember if a time was decided
on, but i would REALLY like to make it to this meeting, and i also REALLY
need to be at the finance meeting. before or after 7 p.m. would work
fine, but i don't like the idea of scheduling meetings on top of other
meetings.

--faith