[Imc-outreach] outreach minutes 10/13

Jane Andrew not_so_plain_jane at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 13 18:37:40 CDT 2004

Attending: Cyrus, Jane, Sascha

Outreach for Outreach:
Would another night be better for current outreach
folks? Probably not.  Everyone is just insanely busy
right now.

What can we do to increase attendance?
maybe an IMC outreach happy hour?  Meghan might have
some ideas.  Jane will send out emails to outreach and
imc about upcoming stuff... we need help!

Press Archive
Adam from the library group wants us to save copies of
press for the library too.  we should encourage people
to bring TWO copies of press.

Community Shares
Sascha has been talking with folks about community
shares.  We can finally do it if we want to - they are
accepting applications.  There is info on the website
about how to become a member, accepting applications
until Nov. 15.  www.communitysharesillinois.org.  Jane
will fill out the application. We can earn more points
by participating in meetings, press, etc.

Journalism Class
Suggested dates I sent to the teacher:
Thursday, Oct 14
Friday, Oct 15
Wednesday, Oct 20
Friday, October 22
We need PUBLIC I PEOPLE!!!  :)

Orientation
We agree that the next orientation should wait until
the second saturday in January.  Instead of an
orientation, we should be focusing on a New Building
party for the second weekend in November.

UBA Stuff
-After Hours Wednesday, Oct 20th 5-6:30 pm at Cinema
Gallery (everyone should go - it can be our
pre-meeting party next week!)
-Downtown Urbana Visitor's Guide: we're not in it.
can we be?  Jane will ask when they are updating it
and how we can be in it.
-urbanabusiness.com: we can post community events to
their calendar