[Imc-outreach] Re: [Imc] Outreach Minutes 3/16/05 - Community Shares

Susan Kim skimtone at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 16 21:12:29 CST 2005

Hi Folks,

I did go to the Community Shares meeting.  If anyone wants the nitty gritty, please ask, I'm happy to share.  Mostly there was discussion about the results of fundraising for 2004.  I can continue to attend the third wednesday meetings and convey updates.

I probably won't be able to attend the April 8th meeting in Springfield, though.  Any takers?

They are looking for someone to be involved in the Access in 2005 as a committee Representative.  I don't know how involved such a committment would be, I'll inquire.

The Share a Meal is reported to have gone _really_ well.  Thanks to everyone who participated!
( Can I get IMC letterhead from someone to write some thank you notes?)

Peace,

Sooz

Jane Andrew <not_so_plain_jane at yahoo.com> wrote:
Present: Jane, Meghan

Membership Meeting:
We decide that Outreach doesn't have the money or time
with only two people to do everything for the meeting.
We made a list of the things that need to be done --
Jane will send an email to steering so that we can get
more volunteers at tomorrow's meeting.
TO DO: Set a time, postcard designed, postcard
printed, labels printed, stamps purchased, volunteers
to stamp and label postcards at the next outreach
meeting

Weekly Announcement:
Jane will send this out tomorrow afternoon. Meghan
didn't get many responses. Hopefully this will
improve.

Orientation:
Scheduled for Saturday, 4/23 at 3pm.

Community Shares:
Sooz, did you end up going to the meeting tonight? In
the future, we will try to be prepared in advance
(maybe schedule a late outreach meeting) so we can be
sure someone can attend. The meetings are the 3rd Wed
of the month at 5:30pm. Other Community Shares
meetings coming up: April 8th, Quarterly Meeting in
Springfield.

University Y - Sent an email to the main list, Dave B.
directed them to finance, but we think outreach could
help coordinate something. Meghan suggests we donate
a free membership, complete with a membership package
including public i's, maybe a radio cd, etc. She will
see if there is interest from other working groups.