[Imc-supervisors] Candidate Selection

Anthony Cherolis acherolis at gmail.com
Mon Jul 12 18:17:27 CDT 2010

Carol,

First - the statement, "due to the hold on state projects, we are initiating
a massive outreach campaign to attract more members to be considered for
your projects" needs some clarification.  Is the Americorp funding delayed?
If so, why should that effect the already scheduled voting on and selecting
the preferred Bike Project candidate?

We've had no specific guidance up until this point on recruiting,
the closing of the applications, the downselect process, and the
interviewing.  The Bike Project (via my emails and our conversations) has
communicated our plans for these details and how those plans support a start
date as early as August 2nd.  If we won't be starting the position until
August 16th, that will give The Bike Project some additional time for
interviewing if needed.

Right now there are 5 applications for The Bike Project position, and almost
all of them are competitive candidates.  We will take applications from
candidates up until the 14th (Wed).  We're planning a membership vote this
weekend to select the most appropriate candidates for the position (who will
then be invited to interview). We've been recruiting for this position for
over a month and feel very strongly that our membership (as a cooperative)
should have the say on who gets the position.  I don't think The Bike
Project is interested in participating in the proposed Resume Review Party
on the 24th / 25th.

Unless otherwise prohibited The Bike Project will continue with its
downselect and interview process.  We will gladly share the resumes of our
applicants with the other groups still recruiting for the Americorp
positions, as they might be interested in an alternate position.

*Note*:  It is clear that The Bike Project cannot make official offers until
authorized.

*Bike Project Steering Committee* - If there are any other comments on this
issue, feel free to send them to me and I'll coordinate / pass them on to
Carol.

Tony Cherolis
The Bike Project, Volunteer