[Imc-supervisors] Candidate Selection

carol ammons carolammons at gmail.com
Mon Jul 19 10:57:30 CDT 2010

Good morning Everyone,

Good morning Anthony, Bike Project Members and others,

Let me share that we did not initially have information regarding a holding
process until early last week.  Up until that point, we thought that we
could post positions, collect candidates , interview and offer.  We planned
initially to start our program this year by August 3.  Unfortunately, all
information at this point simply represent a projected time frame.
Unfortunately, I was not on board for the first contract year, therefore, I
am just learning that the we may have plans, and the state has plans; they
may not line up initially as far as start times.  We just received (last
Thursday) our confirmation letter regarding our 3-year agreement from DHS
that guarantees us program funding but not the notice that we may begin.

The process initially was to post the position and contact information so
that people can reply to the programs directly.  However, what was brought
to my attention, is that we need to do two things:  one was to ensure that
we would have a selection process that included diversity to race, gender
and age.  and two, that we would collective sort applicants so that the
groups would have more candidates to choose from.  The weekend proposal was
to help this process take place.  This in no way prevents TBP from choosing
their candidate.  My only request is that I am given an opportunity to
participate in the interviewing process to share day-to-day
requirements/service related responsibilities with the candidates.

Finally, all applicant resumes have to be kept on file, so if there are
applicants that have applied that are not in the google docs. please forward
them to me.  As soon as we know when we can start, we will share that
information with the programs.  We will meet on Saturday 24th and Sunday
25th from 3 - 5 each day.  Please share all applicant resumes that have been
sent directly to your programs, so that working groups members can review
the applicants on Saturday & Sunday, making final selections of possible
candidates to interview on Sunday.  Please bring a snack to share.