[Imc-supervisors] 2010-2011 IMC AmeriCorps selection process

Carly Nix nix.carly at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 15:45:14 CDT 2010

Hello IMC,

As of this week, the UCIMC AmeriCorps positions are all open and
listed on the Americorps website, americorps.gov, and on the UCIMC
site, http://ucimc.org/content/americorps-positions.

The deadline for applications is July 23rd at 11:59pm.

This year we are trying to start as soon as possible, hopefully by
August 16th, so that future IMC AmeriCorps members will not have to
leave their terms early if continuing on to school after their year of
service.  (The 2009-2010 term is from October to October, which cuts
into the beginning of the 2010 school year.)

(The AmeriCorps website says the positions begin August 3rd -- it is
my understanding that the 16th is the start date, so the AmeriCorps
website start dates probably need to be updated.)

There will be two collective meetings with IMC groups hosting an
AmeriCorps member next year, to go over application materials and
select the AmeriCorps members to interview for the positions.

IMC AmeriCorps Supervisors and working group members are invited to
participate in the following meetings:

Saturday, July 24th, at the IMC, 3pm-5pm
Sunday, July 25th at the IMC, 3pm-5pm

The purpose of meeting collectively to discuss applications is because
some people are applying for more than one position, and to have
dialogue about the IMC AmeriCorps team as a whole for next year.

Applicants chosen for interviews will be interviewed the week of July
26th and the positions will be offered by July 30th.

While we are hoping to begin the next year on August 16, this is a
tentative time-line because we cannot begin the year of service until
we get the full go-ahead from the State.

July 23, midnight  - application deadline
July 24, 2pm - feedback on applications to Mike
July 24th, 3pm-5pm - meeting to discuss applications as a whole,
select members to interview
July 25th, 3pm-5pm - meeting to discuss applications as a whole,
select members to interview
July 26th-July 29th - interviews
July 30th - position offered
August 16th - tentative start date

This is my understanding of the time-line and process.  Carol can
clarify if I am mistaken on any point.

Hope this helps,
Carly