[IMC-US] Re: Setting up IMC-US:

Blicero blicero at ecn.org
Thu Aug 28 12:59:22 CDT 2003

question, very simple

why don't you follow the example of oceania imc and be a mostly syndicated web
sites ?
why don't you set up a test site and begin working out the project there and in
the mean time you do the outreach and so on ?
with the site there, the POU, editorial policy and so on being elaborated, the
proper outreach and a site working to see what' the score i think it will be
easier to understand everythin

i still think that regional imc would be best go sindycated,but if you really
want to be an imc then the process ifd bee fairly long tested and so on

and i don't think we have to explain it to people who have been doing
international imc listws for at least 2 years !! :))))

> I wish the process were better spelled out.  It's very confusing since the
> process laid on on http://docs.indymedia.org/view/Global/NewImcHowTo
> states:
>
> > Your new-imc contact proposes your site

your new imc contact person is the person from the new-imc wg who has been
following the process not a self-appointed liason for new-imc list from the same
group

otherwsie tomorrow i propose that i am blicero imc and if no one says anything
then i write to dns and it's done ?'
:))))

> I have been trying to follow the process, but it seems that it's fairly
> implicit and when one doesn't know the rules people get angry with you.

maybe help us make it more explicit :)

> I've been trying to do "step 3" for 3+ weeks!!!  I filled out the form
> several weeks ago, but apparantly nothing happened.  I figured it would be
> taken care of.  I've been trying to access the http://newimc.indymedia.org
> page, but keep getting server errors...  it's not that we're ignoring the
> process, but something isn't working and I wouldn't want to get held up
> indefinitely by technical problems/

that is good to know
today also a friend told me tha t he sent an application nd still i have not
seen it throguh so maybe there is some real tech problem on newimc.indymedia.org
i did not see imc us application

> > In addition to blicero's and rosa's concerns, it would be nice to have
> > a full set of answers to the
> >
> > http://docs.indymedia.org/view/Global/MembershipCriteria
> >
> > especially:
> >
> > * decision-making method
> >
> > * face-to-face meetings
>
> I think these are fairly well covered in the IMC-US proposal, but I agree
> that having them in a point-by-point format would be useful.  I'll get on
> this ASAP and get that out to the IMC-process and New-IMC lists.  Thanks
> for the feedback and let the IMC-US group know what else should be done.

thanks
blicero