[IMC-US] intro

Tribal Scribal valeoftheoaks at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 8 06:31:43 CDT 2003

Greetings,
Late onboard 'cuz i had no idea this concept was finally getting some legs.
We should put word out on the active lists, yes?
I'm D. O. from Global features & the WMass imc. I began w/indy around the
turn of the century (that's how old i am ;). During one of the past
discussions on the Global features list about starting a national imc i
pitched the idea of calling it the Turtle Island site, going back pre-USA. I
thought it would be excellent if indigenous media activists could take a
lead role, but none of my American Indian media contacts seemed as psyched
as i was about the idea :(
I'm REALLY looking forward to seeing this thing work.

in solidarity,
d.o.

"The will of the people is the only legitimate foundation of any government,
and to protect its free expression should be our first object."
                                            - Thomas Jefferson