[IMC-US] banner drafts

Garth Liebhaber garthliebhaber at care2.com
Sat Feb 7 17:14:08 CST 2004

Ana,  great work!

Collage has a lot of good images, good positive image of resistance and hope, though I think the cop shots could go- the
cops come across to me as merely being 'players in the game", which is trivializing.  It is not strikingly US specific,
however.

Eyescolor is great- it is US specific and in a way that puts the two US symbols of the flag and money in their place.  What I
fear it lacks though are the positive elements of hope and resistance that the other two contain, particularly Collage.

Flags People is very nice graphically, but I give Old Glory the thumbs down, which is looking a little too gloryful for our
oppressive country.

My thought:  Can the cop elements in Collage be dropped and in the cleared space Eyescolor can take two spaces, using
the dark blurry background to transition to the collage elements?

Forgive me if I'm overly critical, it's my art background!
cheerio,
garth

hey all

i hope these are not too big for y'all. but after much playing this
weekend, me, dan and erez came up with these three types of banners. we
like em all and want to send em out to you for some feedback. whadja
think? the collage one needs a thin white outline on the indymedia.us i
just realized. so imagine it with that, k?

thanks
ana

---- End Original Message ----

Protect your right to breathe clean, smoke-free air:
http://www.care2.com/go/z/11238/1043