[IMC-US] Re: Acorn Active Media Worker Collective Offer

faith swords faith at ucimc.org
Mon Jan 5 14:59:53 CST 2004

hey all,

On Mon, 5 Jan 2004 bradley at riseup.net wrote:

> I agree with Brian that 'making exceptions is a slippery slope.'
>
> I also see the benefits of bringing in people that want to help ;)

yes!!!

> I just did a search for Acorn Active Media, but I could not find their
> website.

the acorn collective literally had its first official meeting on saturday.
they'll have a site up and running soon (i think) and i'm sure sascha will
be more than happy to send everyone the link.

> It would help to see the website before giving an opinion on wheather or
> not it should have a link from us-imc.

rather than that, i would suggest that folks with concerns contact the
acorn folks directly at aam at ucimc.org and ask them whatever you want to
know. i think it would be great for everyone to be in communication about
this.

> Brian also suggested, "reaching out to imc's in the us and asking for tech
> help :-)"
> To what extent has this been done? Could we (well, i'm not a techie....)
> try to get assistance from other imc tehies one more time before moving
> forward with Acorn?

at what point do we just use the resources we have to move forward? if we
continue "reaching out" to people forever, nothing will ever get done, but
a lot of outreach. a lot has been done already and now a group has stepped
forward who wants to do more, but because they're asking for public
acknowledgement, everyone is against it.

--faith