[IMC-US] turtle.indymedia.org

deva drdartist at riseup.net
Tue Jun 22 12:28:21 CDT 2004

Yes, thanks for taking the time to post notes Faith. They are helpful.

Isn't Turtle Island geographically more than US? I believe it would
equate more to North America. I like the idea of an alternate name,
though hopefully no native peoples feel it was being co-opted. Should
that name be reserved for a topic site that specifically covered
indigenous issues? (there isn't one in the works as far as I know)

I do not know enough about dada software to decide which I would like
better overall. However, if there are technical issues, and not enough
people time to address them, and moving over to MIR can fix them, then
that does seem like an expedient solution. MIR certainly works well and
is steadily being improved and new features are generally easy to add
and it is very customizable.

Where is the site to be hosted? bht suggested Portland and Josh
expressed some concern about that. What other options are there?

What hardware is being used? Is the hardware ready to go?

I like the idea of the site being a doorway to the local imc's. Is a
newswire useful and desirable? I like the idea of some of the center
column features being culled from the feature wire that way the site
reflects the diversity of stories from all the local imc's

On the global site, the feature wire is short, and has no archive. I
think it would be good to have it longer and archive the feature wire
so it remains intact and then would be searchable.

Sheri's idea of using the site to be more informative about indymedia
vision and explain better such concepts as open publishing and so on.
Good idea

cheers
deva
portland imc contributor