[IMC-US] intro

Sascha Meinrath sascha at ucimc.org
Mon May 10 11:16:00 CDT 2004

On Sun, 9 May 2004, bht wrote:

> Hello.  bht here from portland.indy.  I also work with global imc, ftaa
> imc, and biotech imc.  I kind of have my hands full, but have some
> interest invested in this project.
>
> 1.  It took me forever to actually find this list.  I was searching the
> imc-us-process archives to find where the plans for us.indy had ended, and
> eventually I came upon this list.  This list should be better publicized,
> perhaps even on the lists.indy page?

i agree -- we put in a request to have the list published on the list.indy
page -- but for whatever reason, this never happened.  bht -- do you want
to try following up with imc-tech at lists.indymedia.org folks?

> 2.  In the coming months there are going to be large actions across the
> us, g8 in georgia, biodev in sf, rnc, dnc, dnc2rnc; each one of these is
> a good reason to have a US imc site working.  I guess my questions are
> what the hold-ups are.  I havent read through all the archives of this
> or the tech list yet, but I will do so soon.
>
> I would like to see this website operational by June 1st.  I can offer
> some shit-stirring, but not much real help, sorry.  I am good at finding
> resources, so if we could lay out our problems with this going live,
> that would be great.  If it is only design issues, I would start
> promoting it now.

we're extremely close to going live -- right now we just need to refine a
couple syndication scripts and we'd have syndication up and running.
mainly, we need a techie or two who can devote some time to implementing
these perl scripts.

> So that is where I stand right now.  Sorry to be so aggressive, just a
> little upset over this being so hard to find...and to find that not much
> is going on.
> bht

in solidarity,

--sascha

--
Sascha Meinrath
Project Manager & President      *      Project Manager