[IMC-US] Re: fallujah

john duda john at manifestor.org
Fri Nov 5 14:41:49 CST 2004

one thing i would like to see in doing "global" stories(or even
national ones) is that we try to synthesize as much as possible from
independent media, and try as much as possible to connect what might
just be a wire story with connections not just to the US as a
hegemonic global actor, but as a site of dissent and resistance.

i think we've done a good job of this with the election story so far,
which has been a non-local event which could have easily been covered
in a far worse fashion(i.e. with a good deal less attention to a
diversity of independent viewpoints and less emphasis on concrete
social counter-action).

if we could do the same thing for the iraq issue, tieing together the
best independent and underreported stories with bottom-up coverage of
the resistance to the imperial agenda in the US itself, while still
continuing to keep the heat on all fronts of the electoral
issue(widespread disenfranchisement, lack of real choice or
substantive democracy, and 'why do the masses want fascism?'), i think
we'd be doing a good job....