[IMC-US] banner and Indy.us working with local IMCs

bradley at riseup.net bradley at riseup.net
Sat Apr 23 17:22:00 CDT 2005

hey everyone,

John, thanks for working on this.

--

I was talking to a friend at TUSC last week and he said that
Indymedia.us was confusing to him, and asked why there was so much
coverage of Santa Cruz. I replied that Indymedia.us is confusing to "us"
too (-;

We are still trying to figure out the best ways for Indymedia.us to work
with Indymedia.org as well as local US-based IMCs. I really like that
all links from Indymedia.us went to Santa Cruz IMC last week during
TUSC, cuz i agree that all comments should be on the local IMC, when
possible. However, it would be great to have a "permalink" version of
features on Indymedia.us.  Can something be setup similar to way
Portland has a "permalink" for all features, but not a not a place to
comment, just a link to read more.

oh... for example, see here (-:
http://portland.indymedia.org/en/2005/04/316089.shtml

I also replied to my friend that yes, it has something to do with me
being involved in the indymedia.us working group, but also that santa
cruz imc has had good coverage of the recent actions at UCSC which are
inspiring to people far away. I also said that people in New York see
features from Santa Cruz IMC and then promote them on Indymedia.us, and
he got a big smile from that.

-----

Ok, back to the banners.

I really like the banners we currently have!! thanks again, ana!

I too would like to see more than humans in the banners.

How about a feature article on Indymedia.us that explains where the site
has come since November 2, 2004, a link to the Indymedia.us feature on
Indyconference in Austin, a call out for graphic designers to create
some banners (maybe CSS too???), and a really big call out to help
Indymedia.us by helping your local IMC (-;

Anyone else like the idea of an 'Indymedia.us Check-In, Call Out, Feature' ?

sincerely,
Bradley

--

from sc-imc's newswire today, "Administrators used the Tent U. actions
as an example to the growing radical movement at UCSC's campus: from

Keep in mind that terrible police brutality has been happening in many
communities for a long-long time and has never gotten the type of
coverage that the Tent U. actions received."

http://santacruz.indymedia.org/newswire/display/17507/index.php

* * * * *