[IMC-US] Re: admin and synidcation

dadaIMC Support support at dadaimc.org
Thu Aug 4 12:40:46 CDT 2005

Tarik --

I'm not sure what the problem is...

Your feeds at:
www.binghamtonpmc.org/rss/features.1-0.rdf
and
www.binghamtonpmc.org/rss/newsfeed.1-0.rdf

are fine, and valid. Ah...your entries in the Contacts database are
wrong (pointing to the old URLs, outside of the /rss/ directory). I
just fixed them at http://contact.indymedia.org, but someone at your
site should also have access to that database, and should make sure
that all other information is in good shape.

To the larger Indy.US group: I suspect that only a miniscule faction
of IMCs have any idea that the Contacts database is there, and should
be maintained by someone in their collective. Is there something we
can do to encourage greater awareness of the contact.indy site?

This also speaks to the larger issue which I believe plagues many
IMCs, which is the growing discrepancy between regional IMC workers
and those who  participate in more global/network endeavors. I'm
basically the only member of the Baltimore collective that knows
_anything_ about what's happening at the network level, and I have
certain privileged access to network servers, and even _I_ don't have
a very good grasp of all the Wikis and servers and cronjobs and
databases tracking various aspects of the network...

Cheers,
spud.

a.h.s. boy
support at dadaimc.org