[IMC-US] Re: admin and synidcation

john duda john at manifestor.org
Thu Aug 4 17:32:02 CDT 2005

On Thu, Aug 04, 2005 at 01:40:46PM -0400, dadaIMC Support wrote:

> This also speaks to the larger issue which I believe plagues many
> IMCs, which is the growing discrepancy between regional IMC workers
> and those who  participate in more global/network endeavors. I'm
> basically the only member of the Baltimore collective that knows
> _anything_ about what's happening at the network level, and I have
> certain privileged access to network servers, and even _I_ don't have
> a very good grasp of all the Wikis and servers and cronjobs and
> databases tracking various aspects of the network...

this was something that came up in austin at the indyconference...many
people had no idea about all the amazing stuff that techs had cobbled
together over the years to help indymedia do its thing....and the
problem extended beyond techlandia too, with people more or less
ignorant of the majority of global network workign groups...

it might be nice to get people to write little "about indymedia"
features, which go into depth on a particular technique.  would imc-us
want to publish them?

john

--

this is where my public key can be found:
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 03817826