[IMC-US] Re: syndication issues

john duda john at manifestor.org
Fri Feb 11 14:17:24 CST 2005

my issue with the way the sf syndication is running is that sf-imc is
not running a feed which is semantically equivalent to the other imcs
in both referential scope and editorial prominence, making it
difficult to pull stories in an equitable matter.

while i like the idea of topic/region feeds, i'd also like to get
stories from sfimc about san fransisco onto imc-us.  for the purposes
of imc-us and www.indymedia.org(which btw sf is not syndicating to at
the moment), what we want is actually a feature feed, the articles
which are felt by the local editors to be important enough to appear
on the front page of the local webiste.

on a perhaps purely technical note, i've noticed that new sf stories
appear in big clumps rather than incrementally.  if this is a cronjob
frequency issue,it would be cool if it could run more often, so the
imc-us newswire isn't swamped once a week by sfimc stories.  if this
is a local workflow issue, then that's fine if not ideal.

john