[IMC-US] all volunteer PROPOSAL

nick sarsnic at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 14:17:39 CST 2005

> since it appears that this debate has occured before, could someone
> point me to the archives of and threads of the different perspectives?

Since this proposal was made to global process and to other
collectives to participate in consensually (and therefore no
collective that didn't approve it has been asked to abide by any
decision) I really don't think there has been much debate.  There was
a little discussion here:
http://lists.indymedia.org/pipermail/imc-process/2004-October/date.html
but I too am curious to know what Ryan was referrng to:
>>If I hear one more flame war on this subject I am unsubscribing from
>>this list and every other global or US list. Please give it a rest.

> are there written sources or succesful examples of 'all volunteer'
> organizations that could frame this discussion?

Info on the Zapatista movement in English is here:
http://flag.blackened.net/revolt/zapatista.html
There is a tendency to forget that indymedia was created and named out
of the mouth of Marcos in Chiapas, but that's where I was able to see
what consensus and horizontalism really mean on a mass basis.

Peace,
Nick