[IMC-US] involving the non wired in indy.us

Tribal Scribal valeoftheoaks at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 27 07:28:00 CST 2005

That 3rd item has special signifigance for me, probably due to years of
writing in the alternative news. Whenever we do a WMass IMC table i like to
spread out copies of the various Indy street papers (The Indypendent being
the most prominent i s'pose). These papers, imo, are a critical element to
Indy's work, going beyond the privilege aspects of the internet and reaching
out into the real world.
Another concept along that line is the media bus, something we're hoping to
do here in WMass and, at one point, was being considered by the Maine IMC.
An Indy bus or step-van can bring the tools right into the community, on the
street, in the park, at events, and into protest situations. Outreach on
wheels.

d.o.

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as
necessary in the political world as storms in the physical world."

- Thomas Jefferson
more rebellion here:
http://concertobi.blogspot.com/