[Imc] Design Charette Agenda

Danielle Chynoweth chyn at onthejob.net
Fri Dec 15 17:59:18 UTC 2000

All friends of the Urbana-Champaign Independent Media Center are invited to
attend a Design Charrette for the IMC space on Friday, December 15 at 6:30 PM
at 218 West Main, Urbana.

The goal of the Charrette is to establish a design plan and working groups to
realize our goals for the space in advance of our opening in January. We are
seeking the input of all potential designers, technicians, and users of the
IMC space; please feel free to attend and share your visions.

   The agenda for the evening--
   1) Gathering participants, share champagne
   2) Create a list of desired functions for an IMC space
   3) Brainstorm potential solutions to challenges posed by the space,
   including but not limited to:
   --air flow
   --light
   --sound
   4) Silent walkthrough of space, participants note their preferences for
   the functions to take place within the space
   5) Group assigns location to each function
   6) Group walkthrough to discuss furniture/equipment needed in each area
   to meet function
   7) Notetaker creates a wishlist based on walkthrough
   8) Working groups to design/construct space are formed and will bring
   cost estimates to Sunday's meeting