[Imc] Looking for programming proposals and program suggestions (fwd)

Danielle Chynoweth chyn at onthejob.net
Fri Oct 27 20:47:30 UTC 2000

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 09:32:18 -0500
From: Kimberlie Kranich <kranich at uiuc.edu>
To: WEFTa <wefta at prairienet.org>
Subject: Looking for programming proposals and program suggestions

Dear Wefties,

Each semester we broadcast the "Friday Forum"  (Mondays 6pm-7pm) on
WEFT.  During the November/December holidays and in-between semesters,
there is no "Friday Forum" and the Programming Committee (PC) considers
other programs, traditionally public affairs programs, to air during
these Mondays.

As Outside Programming Liaison on the PC, this responsibility primarily
falls on my shoulders.  The Programming Committee has aired programs
produced by other stations that have been suggested by Wefties. If you
have any suggestions ( I do have one already from a WEFTie), please let
me know so the PC can discuss.

The Mondays in which there is no "Friday Forum" are:  11/20, 11/27,
12/4, 12/11, 12/18, 12/25, 1/1, 1/8, 1/15, 1/22, 1/29, 2/5.

As you can see, there are quite a few openings.  The PC will consider
any idea, including short run or one-time-only locally-produced
programs.  This could be an opportunity for special productions with
other WEFTies.  Program proposals are in the slot on the wall to the
right of Mick's office (beyond the mailboxes).  Our next PC meeting
(after tomorrow's) is 11/9.  Potential proposals could be discussed as
early as then.

Kimberlie
Outside Programming Liaison on the PC