[Imc] News meeting notes April 1, 2001

Cope Cumpston cumpston at uiuc.edu
Mon Apr 2 15:23:43 UTC 2001

re: proposal for WEFT Monday night public affairs openings -- here's one I sent to
Kimberlie, asking for an early slot since the material is timely -- it could be
part of a larger IMC proposal if that's helpful.

(this comes with a big thank you to IMC and Paul K for the availability of Free
Love Minidisc recorder which worked like a charm on Saturday)

Cope

>>On Saturday I taped a forum put on by Racial Justice Now (aka Herb Stevens and
John Lee Johnson) about their lawsuit against Champaign Unit 4 schools. I'd
like to combine that material with either a live or taped interview, probably
with John Lee, following up on an April 4 meeting between Unit 4 and the
lawyers, and the school board election results, to summarize the situation
facing the schools.

>>You may be receiving a larger proposal from IMC to fill the Monday night public
affairs slots -- this could be part of that proposal as well (assuming they
accept it, which I'd say is likely) or run on its own.

--
Copenhaver Cumpston
 Art Director
cumpston at uiuc.edu