[Imc] Update on Life in the Bike Lane

Pauline Bartolone alice_redqueen at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 4 22:33:11 UTC 2001

I wanted to give a status report about Life in the Bike Lane for those who
are interested in contributing but don't know the latest venues.

For those who have never heard of the Life in the Bike Lane Drop-in, it is a
~5minute segment aired during the morning menu on WEFT 90.1, Mondays 6:30 am
and WEdnesdays 8:30am. The program consists of focus pieces about groups or
individuals interested in sustainable living, creating sustainable
communities, or making change towards a more sustainable society. Tune in if
you are not sure what sustainability means.

We had a general meeting a few weeks ago in which we decided to re-air
previously produced Bike Lane segments until September 5th. This would give
us more time to get more shows produced and more organization for the
production. We have the option of producing more segments before September
5th, however, we are not obliged.

During the general meeting we set up shows up to October 3rd. Contact the
following people if you are interested in helping to produce one of the
following segments:

Sept 5- Sweetcorn Festival
        Cope Cumpston cumpston at uiuc.edu
Sept 12th- Community Gardens in C-U
        Sandra Ahten spiritofsandra at hotmail.com
Sept 19th -interview with Duane Berger re: County zoning ordinance
        Nancy Dietrich nancydietrich at juno.com
Sept 26th Self Help Center
       Sandra Ahten spiritofsandra at hotmail.com
Oct 3rd  Common Ground Food Co-op/Food and Transportation
       Jay Morris  jmorris at hotmail.com

Ideas for the following shows were generated:

    Computer Learning and Mentoring Center profile
    Corn De-tassling
    PACE
    Kyacking
    Winter Camping
    Sweat Lodges/vision quest in town

Please feel free to make any other suggestions for LITBL segment. This
program was created to invite people to learn how to produce the media they
want.

Contact Jay Morris
        jmorris at hotmail.com

or      Pauline Bartolone