[Imc] quad day

Paul Riismandel p-riism at uiuc.edu
Wed Aug 22 04:27:25 UTC 2001

I agree that it was a success and send big thanks to Aaron and Civic Action
for making the opportunity possible and being so helpful.  During my two
hours I talked to lots of interested people, only a small fraction of whom
knew anything about the IMC.  The sign-up list spanned two pages.  I
managed easily to give away all the public-i that were left after
Mike--probably 100?  At least a few people I talked to had seen the paper
already.

I even talked to someone on a short exchange from Italy--we discussed the
current sorry state of the Italian media, the events in Genoa, and he
promised to put us in touch with some of his friends in Italy.  He said he
wanted to go to Genoa, but was getting ready to leave for the US then.

Certainly a relatively low-effort way to reach a lot of folks at once.

--Paul