[Imc] Robert Meade "Bobby" "Israel" Deaf Messenger

Paul Riismandel p-riism at uiuc.edu
Wed Aug 22 04:32:05 UTC 2001

At 10:47 PM 8/21/2001 -0500, Sascha Meinrath wrote:
>I agree with Mike, other IMC's have also gone through a lengthy process of
>getting this guy off their sites, he has proven himself quite a nuisance
>and has sucked up hundreds of person hours from the entire Global IMC
>network.  I would strongly suggest that we do not waste time with this
>issue.  His latest post is:
>
>http://urbana.indymedia.org/active/news/display.php3?article_id=1730
>
>In the interim, I feel that the tech team should be able to act on this in
>the best interest of the IMC.

Done.  This is not permanent, so if anyone raises a concern to hiding the
post between now and Sunday I will just go ahead and restore it.  You can
e-mail the list or e-mail me personally (I won't be offended).

A functional note: the website software is designed so that posts cannot be
deleted (well, at least not easily).  In administrating the site, posts can
only be hidden from the newswire, but their URL is still active.  So while
the most reason "Deaf Messenger" post should be gone from the site within a
few hours, if you go to the direct URL above you will still get it.

To see the admin page, which shows all posts, hidden and not, go to:
http://urbana.indymedia.org/active/news/display.php3?led=y

Note that it requires a password to actually change anything.

--Paul