[Imc] Urgent Imc/Public i Issue

Sandra Ahten spiritofsandra at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 24 13:06:19 UTC 2001

The caucus meeting on Monday seems very important. Slipping a little note in minutes that says "around the role of editors" seems a little underplayed.   This has to do with the whole operating structure of the public i - which would also afftect every other thing including vision and content.  It seems fairly significant.  Shouldn't we get a note out to the IMC list announcing what exactly a caucus is and what in particular is happening here. I understand there are some people not involved in "print" exactly for the reason that they don't like the "role of editors"

Then there is the problem of having a meeting in a bar.
If you call the meeting at 6pm and say you are going to a bar at 6:10 ... then people will need to order, etc.  There will be no meeting until at least 6:30 probably 7pm.

I have a problem with having a meeting in a bar anyway.  There are people who will not go to/ do not feel comfortable in bars. It is NO place to have a business meeting. It is not inclusive AND not condusive to a productive meeting.

 I have a plan I would like to present. I can be there at 6pm and stay til 6:45 at which time I have to leave to teach class.  I am willing to write my plan up in advance and have it posted.

I propose a 6pm meeting time- promplty- at the IMC. I understand you wanted to go to the Embassy so that people could eat.  I'll provide some munchies. If you don't like that you can order a pizza.

I would like to be first on the agenda- so i can present my plan clearly. I think that anyone else who has some alternative ways to think about the structure of the paper should try to have a clear plan down also.

Any objections?
Sandra