[Imc] philosophical question

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 24 22:11:57 UTC 2001

I have a couple of suggestions.

The sex zines should not become the majority of the collection. Having
them in the collection is going to be somewhat problematic from the
point of view of minors being exposed to them (let's not even start
discussing the implications of this here, but in a meeting please.) Thus
there will have to be some sort of decision made about where those
particular zines are displayed and the access that minors might have to
them. Not that I'm some sort of prude, but we should remember who we
have for a State's Attorney in this county, which means this issue will
have be be dealt with. We can't just throw them on the shelf for total
public access. I doubt we have the legal protections a library might.

I suggest we keep the collection of such mags limited to local artists.
How to define local? That's a whole 'nother can of worms...
Mike Lehman