[Imc] MiniDisc decks

Paul Kotheimer herringb at prairienet.org
Thu Feb 1 17:41:10 UTC 2001

dearest fellow gear-heads:

if we have a deck with a digital interface, we have no need of portables
with the interface.  the deck would rack up and shack up next to
SERGEI.  discs cut on portables could easily be played into SERGEI from
the deck.

i could afford to toss in $30 toward a minidisc deck with digital
interfaces, and i'm REALLY poor. a dozen other takers, at the $30 level,
and we're there!  can the IMC as a group buy us out eventually?  is one of
us willing to buy the others out eventually?  i don't want to own an MD
deck, but i think it would make the IMC Radio News a helluvalot easier to
produce!!

let's get one that has BIG BUTTONS and an EASY TO USE display and
interface, so it can be useful INDEPENDENT of an audio workstation, if
necessary.  also, let's get one that can convert a stereo file to mono
INTERNALLY, if possible.

also, i am willing to learn it and train others on it, if we decide to BUY
NOW or SOON, which i ADVOCATE!

paulkotheimer:)