[Imc] fellow activists

Zachary C.Miller wolfgang at wolfgang.groogroo.com
Tue Feb 6 13:39:55 UTC 2001

Ok, big plans require early warning.

I am interested in traveling to two major world events this year.

Anti-Capitalist Convergence - April 20-22 - Quebec City, Montreal, Canada
http://www.quebec2001.net/enintro.html
http://quebec.indymedia.org

Global Greens Gathering 2001 - April 14-16 - Canberra, Australia
http://www.global.greens.org.au/entrance.html

Yes Quebec City is far away. Yes Australia is even farther. Yes trips
like this (especially the Australia one) are expensive. But if we
really want to go and we start planning now maybe we can make it
happen.

I _think_ I can fund myself to go to these events from personal funds
but I would like to go with a group.

Would the IMC or the Greens or random members thereof or other random
activists from town be interested in organizing local fund drives to
raise money to send local folks to these events "on scholarship" as
representatives of our community?

I will probably go to Quebec City no matter what. Australia is the
tricky one.

Anyway, I don't want to hijack the list with this, contact me
individually if you are interested in figuring out a way to go to one
or both of these events and we'll see what we can do.

IMSA 1995 - UIUC 2000 - Just Another Leftist Muppet
Ya Basta! - http://www.greens.org