[Imc] new lists and dead lists

Zachary C.Miller wolfgang at wolfgang.groogroo.com
Sun Feb 11 23:46:16 UTC 2001

I just created another new mailing list: imc-midwest-regional

This is based on Steve from Chicago (who I met in the global IRC
meeting today) saying he wanted to set up a regional conference for
all midwestern IMCs. Right now there are some people from Chicago,
Urbana, and Springfield on the list.

I encourage local folks who are interested in regional
coordinating/communications to join this list. Please contact me if
you have any technical questions.

I just wanted to also remind folks that the following lists are
currently not being utilized:

imc-outreach - has only 2 members
imc-retail - has only 2 members
imc-space - has only 3 members

I strongly encourage people to join these lists if they are interested
in these topics so that we can have a robust list system instead of
relying on the big IMC list for all our discussions. I also encourage
empowered folks from various focus groups to take the lead and make
sure everyone on your focus is on the apprpriate list. Please contact
me if you have any technical questions.

All the lists are now listed in the sidebar of the main
urbana.indymedia.org website. So if anyone wants to know what lists
are available to join please go there. And always remember that if you
want to monitor a list without getting flooded with messages you can
always get digest mode which means you only get one big message every
day or so. Please contact me if you have any technical questions.

IMSA 1995 - UIUC 2000 - Just Another Leftist Muppet
Ya Basta! - http://www.greens.org