RE [IMC] desk donation

Ellen Knutson knutson at shout.net
Tue Feb 13 17:29:30 UTC 2001

I do think its great that OJC had donated desks!! YEA!!

But I feel really quite strongly that they should NOT be installed before
the Saturday wiring party. The production room is going to be a big focus
for a lot of the wiring and I think having desks that are screwed into the
walls (ie the can't be moved) would cause a huge headache and may indeed
slow quite a bit of the process down. I think that room is going to present
enough challanges as it is. However, that being said, I see Brian's
concern, but I think that can be addressed by having the desks at the space
so we know how big they are and make a plan for were they will be screwed
in to the walls. This way we make sure that the wiring plan and the desks
can happy coexist. But again I want to say that in my experience ANY thing
that can't be moved is just going to cause hassles.

Ellen