[Imc] IMC wiring this Saturday!

Paul Riismandel p-riism at uiuc.edu
Thu Feb 15 08:30:18 UTC 2001

On Saturday beginning at 10am the tech group will be undertaking the
network wiring of the IMC along with the installation of a few new
electrical circuits.  This is a crucial effort to get us on-line and
operational as a MEDIA PRODUCTION facility.

We need all the help we can get, whether or not you have ever done wiring
or networking before. Although experienced folks are also wanted,  all you
really need is a willingness to learn.  If you have tools to bring, that
will help out a lot.  We can use: drills, hammers, screwdrivers,
flashlights.  If we have enough people we will be completed faster, which
means less inconvenience for everyone, and that when our DSL line is hooked
up we'll be ready to put computers on-line right away.

We expect to use most of the day, so if you can't make it at 10am, try to
drop by later.

If you think you'll be there it is helpful if you could let me know when,
so that way we can plan better and not waste anyone's time.

thanks,

Paul