[Imc] we have phones! (well almost)

Molly Stentz molly at onthejob.net
Tue Jan 16 23:30:29 UTC 2001

well, two days, 6 tries, two states, 3 computer crashes, and three
ameritech customer services reps later... (i kid you not)

WE HAVE PHONES!!!!

Our new numbers will be 344-8820 and 344-8821.

The 8820 number will be the main number and the 8821 number is the hunt
number, meaning if 8820 is being used and someone else calls on the 8820
number, it will "roll over" and the 8821 number will ring. this means we
only have to remember one number (344-8820). you can of course call
344-8821 directly too.

they will (supposedly) activate the lines on this thursday, in time for
the open house! let's hope all goes well.

the activation charge will be $69 +change and the monthly bill is $39
monthly for both lines. the bills will be sent to 218 main. i didn't pick
a long distance carrier yet. people can forward recommendations and we can
discuss at next mtg.

-Molly

(and i'm serious - the ameritech computer system crashed 3 times with 3
different people in 2 states over 2 days when i tried to set up the
account... this after their computer couldn't find our address on a map
and was convinced it didn't exist.. )