[Imc] Italia IMC raided by police in bloody attack

Travas Gunnell travas_imc at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 23 23:02:42 UTC 2001

--- "Chas. M. Bee" <c-bee1 at uiuc.edu> wrote:

>    It may well now be overshadowed by the 2 G8
> protest bombings in major
> european cities.

If I recall correctly, only one of those bombings was
supposedly G8 related, and both were in Italy.  And I
don't think there's any danger of them overshadowing
anything.

>  Also, our fire extinguisher
> thrower turning out to be

His name is Carlo Giuliani, and he wasn't actually
throwing anything, as can be seen from these
photographs:
http://www.indymedia.org/front.php3?article_id=54779&group=webcast

> not a protester, but a member of a black-masked
> apolitical anarchist
> group called the Black Bloc(k) (sp?),

You are making a distinction that does not exist, plus
the Black Bloc is hardly apolitical.  Here is a little
primer on Black Blocs for you:
http://www.infoshop.org/blackbloc.html

And here are some other links that may be of interest:

The Magical Mystery Tour of the Fake Black Bloc in
Genoa:
http://www.indymedia.org/front.php3?article_id=54619&group=webcast

Montreal: CLAC Statement on G8 Protests:
http://www.infoshop.org/news6/genoa_clac.html

A variety of links here:
http://www.infoshop.org/news6/genoa.html

The Black Bloc Speaks Out:
http://www.radio4all.org/anarchy/a16b.html

> may have taken
> some of the zing
> out of the story.

Hmmm, are you implying that his death is somehow less
significant due to his political affiliation?

-Travas