[Imc] Help Needed: A/V Wiring Installation this Saturday

Paul Riismandel p-riism at ntx1.cso.uiuc.edu
Fri Jun 1 04:48:51 UTC 2001

IMC Tech is making the second step in completing the IMC's communications
infrastructure--we're wiring the IMC for video and sound.

We need your help!  Can you solder?  Do you want to learn how?  We also need
help measuring, drilling and other tasks.  In turn, you'll learn more about
how to wire for sound and video.

The Work Party will be Saturday beginning at 11:00am, ending when we're
done. Please bring any of these tools/materials if you have them: wire
cutters/strippers, utility knives, drills, soldering irons, solder,
screwdrivers, hammers.

We had great success several months ago when we wired the IMC for
Internet/Network. Let's repeat it.

When we're done we'll be ready to:
-Send a closed circuit TV signal throughout the IMC
-Record interviews and other audio from any room in the IMC
-Webcast audio or video from any room in the IMC
-Send a high-quality audio signal from the back room to front, and
vice-versa

We'll be set for full-scale audio, video, radio and TV production of many
different types.  Help make this a possibility.

Thanks,

Paul