[Imc] Wal-Mart and the first IMC publication

Pauline Bartolone alice_redqueen at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 17 18:13:42 UTC 2001

For those who don't know already, the Urbana-Champaign Independent Media
Center is publishing its first newsletter for the 4th of July. As
facilitator/editor of the environmental section, I am soliciting articles
regarding the Savoy Wal-Mart development.

The local Wal-mart issue is pertinent because the store is slated to open
within the month. Also, since recent attention to the Wal-Mart has been
opposition of the site's use of non-union labor, coverage about the local
attitudes towards and implications of consuming 220,000 square feet of
landscape is needed.

If there is any interest in doing a story of this nature, please contact me
(preferably by email).

I am also open to other suggestions for local, timely environmental issues
for the first or future IMC publications. Keep in mind that I will continue
to solicit content for the environmental section of future IMC newsletters,
published monthly.

Please forward this message to anyone who may be interested.

Thanks, Pauline Bartolone
IMC print - Environmental beat facilitator/editor