[Imc] Twilight: Los Angeles, 1992

Joe Futrelle futrelle at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Mon May 14 17:16:57 UTC 2001

Hi, I have a copy of the PBS film of Anna Deavere Smith's play
"Twilight: Los Angeles, 1992" which I would like to screen at the IMC
for anyone who's interested.

The play consists of excerpts of interviews of people who were
affected by the LA riots.  All of the characters are performed by
Smith, who has an uncanny ability to capture in minute detail the
speech mannerisms and body language of her subjects.

The PBS presentation weaves together Smith's performance and news
footage and interviews about the riots, giving context to her amazing
performance.

--
Joe Futrelle